of Paris, Feb 10, 1763
Some important articles:
- Article IV: France gives up claims to Nova Scotia and Acadia,
including Cape Breton. Britain agrees to allow free practice
of Roman Catholic religion.
- Article V: France has rights to fish in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- Article VI: Britain gives up claims to the islands of St.
Pierre and Miquelon.
- Article VII: France gives up claims to Canada and all its
territories east of the Mississippi to Great Britain, in return
for the "liberty of the Catholick religion" and continued
- Article VIII: Britain is to restore the Guadeloupe islands
- Article IX: France gives up claims to Grenada and the Grenadines.
- Article XIX: France cedes West Louisiana to Spain in compensation
for Florida, which Spain yields to Great Britain in article